Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: looking for free websites to photoshop/fix fotos?

looking for free websites to photoshop/fix fotos?

Hi Guys,

are there any free websites where i can fix pictures...similar to photoshop.

Thanks,

Mimi

Real Name
    Victor Nimitz

Re: looking for free websites to photoshop/fix fotos?

try Picasa.

Real Name
    Dave

Just Google for 'Free Photo editors'. There are quite a few from very simple to advanced.

Dave

Real Name
    Remco

Also, photo editing is perhaps not something you want to do through a web site, if it means uploading your pictures
    (i.e. transferring the pictures to the website for editing). Aside form privacy issues, it would be a very slow process,
    due to the time needed to do the uploading.

Assuming you are using MS-Windows, here is a page with a few windows photo editing programs. Which one is
    good for you depends on what you want to fix exactly: with photoshop you can do anything from adjusting
    brightness/contrast/colour to creating a scene from scratch...

If you want all those possibilities, your best option is the GIMP (I think), which is used by several members here, for
    simpler work (but still with a ot of possibilities), picasa seems to be used by some members here.

I use two editing programs (under Linux):
    Digikam, which is a program to classify photos, with an attached editor that allows corrections over the whole image
    (brightness, saturation, contrast and such, afaik close to what Picasa does), but I cannot correct spots or clone out
    e.g. wires with it. For that kind of work, where I have to modify (small) parts of the image, I use the GIMP (many
    more possibilities, but more complex as well).

Real Name
    Robert

pixlr.com

Quote Originally Posted by nimitzbenedicto View Post
    try Picasa.
    Thank you so much.

THank you Wobert.

Thank you so much. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by revi View Post
    Also, photo editing is perhaps not something you want to do through a web site, if it means uploading your pictures
    (i.e. transferring the pictures to the website for editing). Aside form privacy issues, it would be a very slow process,
    due to the time needed to do the uploading.

Assuming you are using MS-Windows, here is a page with a few windows photo editing programs. Which one is
    good for you depends on what you want to fix exactly: with photoshop you can do anything from adjusting
    brightness/contrast/colour to creating a scene from scratch...

If you want all those possibilities, your best option is the GIMP (I think), which is used by several members here, for
    simpler work (but still with a ot of possibilities), picasa seems to be used by some members here.

I use two editing programs (under Linux):
    Digikam, which is a program to classify photos, with an attached editor that allows corrections over the whole image
    (brightness, saturation, contrast and such, afaik close to what Picasa does), but I cannot correct spots or clone out
    e.g. wires with it. For that kind of work, where I have to modify (small) parts of the image, I use the GIMP (many
    more possibilities, but more complex as well).

Real Name
    Virginia

Hi, mimi10 -

Do you really mean websites or are you looking for software to do minimal editing? If the latter, I'd suggest taking a look at FastStone Image Viewer which I've been using for several years. They do request a contribution. But, if you're a student or retired, it seems like the amount contributed can be relatively small. It's incredibly full-featured and, extremely easy to use after you have used it several times.

The short version is, after you've double-clicked on the image you want to deal with in the folder, it will appear in the bottom left corner of the open window, then double-click on it there and you'll get it REALLLLLY full screen. Right click on the image, then to start, I'd select edit and see the choices available there to get started. I can get this software open to the picture I want to deal with in less than 5 seconds which is a huge help if you just need to make a slight edit, crop, or straightening to a single image or a couple of images.

I hope this helps out.

virginia
    Last edited by drjuice; 24th June 2013 at 01:11 PM.

Real Name
    J stands for John

I have never used any of the programmes mentioned above but far better than uploading to a 'cloud'[?] site is to work in your own machine and I was impressed with Paint.Net when I downloaded it for free. I believe without any supporting evidence that it is an upgrade of MS Paint with which I started handling photos back in the last century and continue to use for a few simple tasks I know it does well. I did one test exercise awhile back using PN, Photoshop CS, and Paint Shop Pro and ended up with very similar results .. though how much that was my skill with editing or the programmes I don't know, I don't rate my skills highly, though generally PN feels 'clunky' to me compared to PSP which I normally use [ CS disappeared with a computer failure and no great loss IMO for me ]. Depending on your finances you should be able to pick up an earlier version of PSP on Amazon for not that much and it will probably do everything you want to do just as well as the latest version. [ hope you live Stateside ]

Real Name
    Mike

Sorry to sound matteroffact but there are several economical photo editing programs available. I'm sure it would be quicker and more convenient to have such a program on your pc than to do your work online. Still I guess you have your reasons

Real Name
    David Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wobert View Post
    pixlr.com

+1 It`s a clever program,nothing to download,just open the URL and edit in comfort.