Thread: Manhattan Beach panorama

Manhattan Beach panorama

Manhattan Beach panorama

Details in my Flickr entry

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Manhattan Beach panorama

Hi Eno,

Great composition - I always have a soft spot for panoramas. Where were you standing to get that perspective?

Only thing I've noticed is that all the mid-tones through the centre look pretty washed out - a tweak with the brightness control in ACR (and then perhaps a hand dodge or vignetting adjustment around the outside to remove some of the inevitable darkening) would probably do the trick (can show you whay I mean if you like).

Real Name
    Steve

Nice pano eNo........say that 3 times fast. How do you stitch around the waves? Do you just line things up the best you can and then do a little cloning to blend?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Eno,

Great composition - I always have a soft spot for panoramas. Where were you standing to get that perspective?

Only thing I've noticed is that all the mid-tones through the centre look pretty washed out - a tweak with the brightness control in ACR (and then perhaps a hand dodge or vignetting adjustment around the outside to remove some of the inevitable darkening) would probably do the trick (can show you whay I mean if you like).
    The pier has a wide platform at the end, allowing me to stand to one side of the main path. As for the midtones, I'll have to take a look. I actually did local control with curves (don't use ACR), so I'll see if there's more to be done there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Nice pano eNo........say that 3 times fast. How do you stitch around the waves? Do you just line things up the best you can and then do a little cloning to blend?
    Yes. I actually shot this several times, and this sequence is the only one that gave me the smallest variation from frame to thing, only needing minor cloning on a couple of spots. This one, which I think I posted a week or so ago, was more challenging.

Manhattan Beach panorama

~~~
    eNo
    http://esfotoclix.com

Real Name
    Steve

Those are very cool shots.................i've never tried one before. May have to give it a try some time.