Thread: Collecting the neglected moments

Real Name
    tom dinning

Collecting the neglected moments

While waiting for the right moment, I have noticed there are a lot of other moments in between. Visually, these other bits aren't as stimulating but they take on an importance when you consider they are the step before I press the shutter, the neglected moment.
    I am quite fascinated by what happens beforehand. So much so, I often try to capture it, often to the detriment of the moment that might have been better visually or easier to understand.

Some might consider these shots duds and bin them. I take delight at pondering what is about to happen. It may be a decisive moment. More than often, its just like the last.; one step closer to .......
    Photographs tell stories if we let them. The story can be personal, profound or paltry. If we let the photograph tell us its tale and not its technicalities we allow the photograph to be what it is. A photograph.

Real Name
    tom dinning

Re: Collecting the neglected moments

Then there are the moments when you're staring into space and wondering what to do next or figuring out what settings to use or what's for lunch and your consciousness clicks in and you realise you have been staring at nothing.
    Or have you?
    For me its usually a patch of ground at my feet or a bare wall or, if I'm driving - heaven forbid - the streak marks on the windscreen.

[IMG]Collecting the neglected moments[/IMG]

Real Name
    tom dinning

Other times I catch myself out. Is this really me? Some dork lurking behind shrubs and sneaking up on people? Photographers are a weird lot

Real Name
    Ken

Or it can be deliberate

Real Name
    tom dinning

Quote Originally Posted by Ken MT View Post
    Or it can be deliberate

Most days its me getting in my own way, Ken.unless its 'arty farty'. Then I meant to do it that way.