Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mt Shasta, Swans, Lake and the occasional Cow

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Mt Shasta, Swans, Lake and the occasional Cow

We have been back from northern California for over a week but I just got time to post some of the images I took in Siskiyou County. These three shots are not particularly remarkable photographically but they are interesting to me because they are from the ranch where I grew up. Perhaps some of you will find them interesting as well.

Chuck

First...Shasta, Swans and Lake

Next, Shasta, Swans and Lake - Painterly Style

Finally, Drinking Cow - Painterly Style

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Mt Shasta, Swans, Lake and the occasional Cow

Oh man; you grew up in a place like this. How could you not be a photographer or painter. I don't know what painterly style is though; doesn't look much different from the original. It is made harder to judge by the closer cropping.

But I like the first with a little cropping because it is brilliant.

Nice back yard Chuck (how could you not be called Chuck in a place like that). These images brought back memories of a trip to Northern California we took a couple of years back. We apparently became Australian nationals for three weeks. It appears that most in the USA struggle with a Brit accent that does not sound like Dick VanDyke in Mary Poppins. I was like a kid at Disneyland when I saw California Highway Patrol that looked exactly like the TV series. In fact the whole experience was a bit like walking into the movies I saw when I was kid.

Seriously though, beautifully exposed images. The middle one is getting toward National Geographic quality. Nice work.

Dame Edna Steve

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Thanks guys. As time goes by I realize more and more how fortunate I was to grow up on a ranch in such rugged beauty. Mount Shasta's looming presence became etched into my mind so that when I return to the area I feel at home when I can see the mountain. I am also fortunate to have a license agreement with The Nature Conservancy that allows me to visit the ranch.

Chuck