Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: From my sisters garden

Real Name
    Jon

From my sisters garden

I couldn't resist taking some shots in my sisters garden last weekend. This was a first for me...I envisioned B&W before I even stepped foot in the garden, searched it out and this is what I came up with.

C&C most welcomed.

1.From my sisters garden

2.From my sisters garden

3.From my sisters garden

4.From my sisters garden

5.From my sisters garden

6.From my sisters garden

...and a couple color, just because I really liked the color

7.From my sisters garden

8.From my sisters garden

9.From my sisters garden
    Last edited by Plumcrak; 30th May 2013 at 01:43 AM.

Real Name
    Suzan J

Re: From my sisters garden

Hello Jon: Your sister is lucky to have such a large and beautiful garden. Ordinarily, I don't care for black and white photos of flowers, but I do think it works for the overall nostalgic look of this particular garden. It seems to jibe with the type of structures and statuary that are present. My favourites are numbers 4 and 5, although I think number 4 could benefit from a slight straightening as it appears to be leaning left a bit.

Real Name
    Mary

Hi Jon-- I really like the last one. The composition really makes it different.--mary

Real Name
    Greg

I agree with Mary. The 9th has great composition: you show the detail of the flower and give a sense of its profusion in the garden. Although, I think the yellow part of the flower could be a little sharper.

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan J View Post
    Hello Jon: Your sister is lucky to have such a large and beautiful garden. Ordinarily, I don't care for black and white photos of flowers, but I do think it works for the overall nostalgic look of this particular garden. It seems to jibe with the type of structures and statuary that are present. My favourites are numbers 4 and 5, although I think number 4 could benefit from a slight straightening as it appears to be leaning left a bit.
    Suzan, thanks for the comments. Her garden, to me at least, has an old world feel to it and that is why I went with B&W from the get-go. It is the simple things, like straightening a photo, that often escape me. Thanks for pointing that out...it has been corrected.

Cheers

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Vrgl View Post
    Hi Jon-- I really like the last one. The composition really makes it different.--mary
    Mary, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    I agree with Mary. The 9th has great composition: you show the detail of the flower and give a sense of its profusion in the garden. Although, I think the yellow part of the flower could be a little sharper.
    Greg, thanks for commenting. Yes, I agree with you, the flower could have been sharper in the middle. I will work on that.

Cheers