Thread: Two Belly-Crawlers

Real Name
    Greg

Two Belly-Crawlers

One of the great things about photography for me is when I view a photo on the computer and see something that I have never seen before. This is one of those serendipitous shots.

These little lizards are everywhere; I have seen millions of them, but until I took this shot today I had never seen the banding on its legs and feet.

It is not a particularly good shot; I was flat out on the wet concrete, and was concentrating on trying to focus on its eyeball and hold the camera still. It was darting its head about looking for food or whatever, and everytime I pressed the button, it heard the click and ran a few centimetres forward. So, I wasn't thinking DoF and it is too shallow. But, I post the picture to share what I saw - those amazing coloured feet.

PS you'll need to view full size to see what I am talking about

Two Belly-Crawlers

Real Name
    Mary

Re: Two Belly-Crawlers

Great shot! I find the getting down is easy- but the getting up - not so much

Real Name
    Greg

Thanks for viewing Mary. Yes, these eye-level shots are a real challenge for the knees.

Real Name
    Harmon Bobbitt II

Real photography. Eye level is the real work. Excellent shot.

Real Name
    Grahame

Greg,

I have to disagree with you in that you do not consider it a particularly good shot. It is a good shot, I know how difficult it is to capture these critters.

There are times when the fact that you have actually captured the image especially with the eyes sharp are more important than DOF and composition.

Real Name
    Greg

Harmon and Grahame, thank you for your very kinds words. I am encouraged by your comments.