Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 2nd Monitor in PS CS6?

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

2nd Monitor in PS CS6?

After one of my older computers finally croaked, I had a spare monitor.
    I hooked it up to my main computer as a 2nd monitor, mainly to use for LR4.
    I found out by accident that the Faststone viewer supports this 2nd monitor also. Just a little bonus I didn't expect!
    I like the fullscreen on the 2nd monitor when I work in LR, and wish I could do the same thing in PhotoShop. Is there a possibility? I went through all the options in the settings, but so far - nothing.
    If the possibility exists, can someone point me in the right direction?
    Any help greatly appreciated!

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: 2nd Monitor in PS CS6?

Absolutely; the dual monitor setup is governed by your computer's operating sytem / graphics card.

I've been using dual monitors on Photoshop for years. My expensive 27" IPS monitor is my main working monitor that sits in front of me. I use the second 24" inexpensive NT monitor to hold the menus and other assorted stuff I don't want cluttering the main screen. I've gotten so used to it that I find it to be a real pain when I switch over to work on the laptop where I have everything on a single screen; it just seems so crowded to work with and I am always closing the various fly-outs that I normally leave open all the time.

Just set up dual screens in what my computer refers to as "extended" mode.

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Absolutely; the dual monitor setup is governed by your computer's operating sytem / graphics card.

I've been using dual monitors on Photoshop for years. My expensive 27" IPS monitor is my main working monitor that sits in front of me. I use the second 24" inexpensive NT monitor to hold the menus and other assorted stuff I don't want cluttering the main screen. I've gotten so used to it that I find it to be a real pain when I switch over to work on the laptop where I have everything on a single screen; it just seems so crowded to work with and I am always closing the various fly-outs that I normally leave open all the time.

Just set up dual screens in what my computer refers to as "extended" mode.
    Thanks - I'm gonna play around with it later tonight. LR and Faststone show the picture on the second monitor by default.
    BTW- Do you work on a Mac or PC? I'm using Windows 7. I don't know if it's relevant to my question....

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    BTW- Do you work on a Mac or PC? I'm using Windows 7.
    My machine is Windows 7 as well Kris.