Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: ok, getting alot of flashes!

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

ok, getting alot of flashes!

Hi all, it seems im getting more and more flashes lately, i got three yn-460ii two to three months ago, two weeks ago i got a yn-560ii, and today i ordered two yn-560iii. I think im getting blinded!!! haha

I know it isnt the best compositions and certainly not going to win prises. But i was bored and havent quite yet mastered a technique yet.

Strobist info:

Background:

Two yn-460ii, the two in the forground, was set to 1/65th power, the third 460ii wasnt on, the two flashes illuminated it to look like it was on(even though you cant see much of it) as well as illuminating each other.
    One yn-560ii(this thing rocks) at 1/128th zoomed at 105mm hand held at the top of frame aimed directly down.

Model(me):
    One Yn-560ii model right up high facing down a bit at 1/8th zoomed 25mm.
    Two yn-460ii at 1/8th one up high facing down to left and other down low on left.

As for editing well long story short i edited the back ground in camera raw like increasing blackness a bit and using some local adjustments(love those local adjusments), clarity exposure ect. As for me, besides the obviouse, i used the burn & dodge tool a bit, added some shadows for a touch of realisim.

what you think? i think the background is the best part.

ok, getting alot of flashes!
    blinding by AllenLennon, on Flickr

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: ok, getting alot of flashes!

This is really clever, Allen! Everything about it including your pose and your post-processing works really well. The only improvement I can think of is to move the rear flash a bit to the right or left so we can see more of it.

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Re: ok, getting alot of flashes!

mike, thank you for your far too kind words. If i remebered to save the psd file before wuiting i would of tried moving the object in the photo. Alas, another lesson, save your works.!