Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Reflections

Real Name
    Harry

Reflections

Taken at a property at Kangaroo Valley NSW a few weeks ago - the first one I found interesting as the pond was a fair distance from the house, best viewed at full size- c & c welcome
    1. 1/125, av10, iso 200
    Reflections

2. 1/250, av10, iso 200
    Reflections

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Reflections

The second one works quite nicely for me, though I might crop at the top to eliminate the upper layer of rocks. I would also probably eliminate at least half of the leaves. That's because I like the strength of simplicity.

That leads to the reason that the first one doesn't work for me: there are too many layers that compete with each other rather than complement each other. That image is also quite crooked, which will be evident if you draw an imaginary line between a point in the roof of the house with the same point in the reflection.

Real Name
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    The second one works quite nicely for me, though I might crop at the top to eliminate the upper layer of rocks. I would also probably eliminate at least half of the leaves. That's because I like the strength of simplicity.

Hi Mike - I was in 2 minds with the crop of the rocks - I have had a few different opinions so it appears to be personal choice - I think i prefer your option

That image is also quite crooked, which will be evident if you draw an imaginary line between a point in the roof of the house with the same point in the reflection.
    I can;t really see wht you are saying on the second one Mike, it was quite a sloping block so that may have something to do with it or maybe the angle i took the shot -

Appreciate the feedback, cheers

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

View the image in the Lytebox. Click and hold it to move it to the left side of your monitor. Position any tip of the roof at the side of your monitor. Notice that the reflection of that tip cannot be seen. That's because the image is tilted to the right.

On the one hand, reflections make it really easy to properly level an image. On the other hand, reflections make it really obvious when the image isn't level.

Real Name
    Harry

With you now - cheers