Thread: The Owl and the --- Eagle!

Real Name
    Harry

The Owl and the --- Eagle!

Hi all - had computer issues last month but now seem to be resolved - these 2 were taken at a Birds of prey demonstration at the Medieval festival (Ironfest) I attended in Lithgow last month,

Owl - 1/400, 5.6,iso 100

Eagle - 1/1000, av5.6, iso 200,

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The Owl and the --- Eagle!

I think the Eagle pic suffers from having a background that doesn't allow for the bird to be shown at its best. The Owl image, however, doesn't have that 'problem'.

Real Name
    Harry

Yes agree totally Donald - I have changed the background but thought I would post it as shot, unfortunately the challenges of these events

Regards

Real Name
    Bobo

Wow owl, wow what a beauty.

Eagle - judging from the light and direction it was coming in at, it was going to be a difficult shot even without the background distractions. At least we try which is the important part.

Real Name
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post

Eagle - judging from the light and direction it was coming in at, it was going to be a difficult shot even without the background distractions. At least we try which is the important part.
    Thnx Bobo - you are right it was somewhat difficult with the Eagle, I was sitting on the ground as it came towards the camera, only got one shot unfortunately, posting Cockatoo pics now, cheers

Real Name
    Noel

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post

hi Harry,
    I'm a big fan of the owl as well, he really jumps out of the shot. You have exposed it beautifully,retaining the detail in the bright white face and chest feathers as well as in the darker wings. I think it is a great shot, and one "wow" from Bobo for a bird shot is worth about 10 from me.
    The eagle is not too shabby either. A faster shutter speed, or a faster finger on the button may have got him before his wing tips outgrew the frame, and the other spectators could have been more considerate but you have done a great job with what you had. Thanks for posting.
    - Noel

Real Name
    Christina

Gorgeous owl photo!

Real Name
    Harry

Thnx Noel and Christina, I loved the Owl as well, got some profile pics of it too