Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bad hair day

Real Name
    Steve

Bad hair day

Only good one from this weekend.........................as always comments welcome.

Bad hair day

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Bad hair day

Could you make them 1000 pixels across so they fit my browser exactly; since I like them a lot.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Steve,

Pretty darn good.

Despite the subject and the background being almost exactly the same colours and brightness the differential focus has achieved sufficient separation to make a very pleasant shot in which the subject is nicely defined.

The only caveat is there's a little foliage poking in on left of frame I would have taken a blur brush to, plus a couple of others similarly on the periphery of the frame.

I much prefer this far less obvious watermark too, particularly suits the image

Due to the focus separation, the huge blurry foreground branch really doesn't bother me too much; it sets the scene in context.

Definitely "a good one" from the weekend.

Better than my weekend, which consisted of a none-to-successful plumbing job the only shots I took were record shots of pipework in the loft, bedroom and boiler room. Still, at least we have heat again

Cheers,

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries
    Better than my weekend, which consisted of a none-to-successful plumbing job the only shots I took were record shots of pipework in the loft, bedroom and boiler room. Still, at least we have heat again
    You should have called me, i've been doing plumbing work for 27 years on and off. I'm a better plumber than photographer .

Thanks for the critique...............i never thought of blurring the couple of tid bits of brush on the edges.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 30th November 2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: add quote tags