Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D7000

Real Name
    David

D7000

Hello, can anyone Help ?

I have a Nikon D7000 and love playing around with the settings, but now I have gone and done something that I don't seem to be able to get out of.
    When I take a picture through my viewfinder the camera relays the picture to the rear as usual but now it has started to show all the focus points and focus frame on the picture preview. It does not do this when in live view so why only through the viewfinder and how do I stop this and go back to normal. I have pressed the return to factory settings buttons but this has no effect.

David.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: D7000

To clarify David;

When you review a previously shot image on the rear LCD, it has the focus points showing on it?

Have I got that right?

I have pressed the return to factory settings buttons but this has no effect.
    Did you see it do anything?
    My D5000 manual says both buttons need to be held for 2 seconds - and also they won't work if you're in Live View at the time. There is also a Reset of Custom settings, which I am unsure if it would be affected by the factory reset, so might be worth trying that too.

Hopefully a D7000 owner will be along soon.

Welcome to the CiC forums from ...

Real Name
    David

Hi Dave .
    Yes that's right! I did not do this and have gone every where in all menus but it is quite elusive.
    David

Real Name
    John

Menu, playback (top selection), Display mode, deselect Focus point. See page 197 in manual.

John
    Last edited by PhotomanJohn; 13th May 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Real Name
    Dan

Look on page 165 in the user manual.

Real Name
    David

Hi john
    Thank you but that is not it. I can deselect focus point,but when I retake the picture it goes back to selected again.

Real Name
    John

Did you deselect Focus point THEN select Done then press OK as described on page 197?

Real Name
    David

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
    This was driving me mad, perhaps I might get to sleep tonight. Silly me forgot all about the DONE button.
    Thank you again.
    David

Real Name
    John

In your defense, most of the time you just change the setting and that is it. This is different in that the setting isn't saved until you hit done. I have no clue why this one is that way. And you are welcome!

John

Real Name
    David

Hi Dave

Only Joined a few hours ago, How do I add to profile the equipment I own like all other members?

David

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by David4966 View Post
    Hi Dave

Only Joined a few hours ago, How do I add to profile the equipment I own like all other members?

David
    I think the option becomes available after about 10 posts have been made.

Real Name
    David

Thanks

Not that I have huge amounts to boast of but I could not find that option so wondered if I was using the site correctly!

David

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Hi Dave

David
    What you'll be looking for, David, is 'Edit Signature'. That's where you put all that stuff that then attaches to the bottom of all the posts you make.

Real Name
    David

HI

cannot seem to find edit signature! I am sure to get a grip with all this sooner rather than later!

David

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Once you've made 10 posts, do into Forum Actions/Edit Profile. On the left-hand side, under My Settings, you should see edit Signature.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Once you've made 10 posts
    Go ahead, David. Just add three nonsensical posts here in this thread. We'll understand!

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Go ahead, David. Just add three nonsensical posts here in this thread. We'll understand!
    There are lots of us that do it.

Real Name
    Frank Deland

David getting back to your original issue, I would reconsider taking the "Focus Point " option out of your previewing choices. For the majority of landscape images, I use a single focus point, so that I can have control over depth of field and the ever elusive sharp focus throughout. When that fails, or some part of the frame that I wanted in focus is not, I can go to preview and see exactly what I was focusing on, so I can change it in the next frame, or hopefully learn something for the next time. But, I also do not want this option to be the first option on the preview screen. The option I prefer to have show up first is the full screen view of the most recent image. Then I can scroll through to check out the histogram, or zoom focus, etc., and focus point is one of those options. Take notice that whichever preview screen that you were looking at when you turned off the preview option will be the one that re-appears when you turn the preview option back on.

Real Name
    David

Hello
    I have not used a forum before so I am finding this one quite hard to navigate!
    I have started a thread on the above topic and now I would like to ask a question about a different subject, I have read that I need to start a new thread but I am finding this difficult. I go to forum, go to subjects and pick a accordingly then I need to find how to start a new thread. Can you help?
    David.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hello
    I have not used a forum before so I am finding this one quite hard to navigate!
    I have started a thread on the above topic and now I would like to ask a question about a different subject, I have read that I need to start a new thread but I am finding this difficult. I go to forum, go to subjects and pick a accordingly then I need to find how to start a new thread. Can you help?
    David.
    Hi David,

There's a big oval button at the top (and bottom) of the forum page that says "+ Post New Thread", just click it.

e.g.

D7000 D7000

Fear not, you are far from the first person to miss it, although most ask the Mods by PM (Private Message).

Cheers,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 22nd May 2013 at 07:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast