Ambulance

Ambulance

Crit me please!

D300s, Sigma 17-70 @ 17
    4 seconds, f/16, iso 200

Real Name
    Mike

Re: Ambulance

Umm… Im not too sure about the building on the right, its a distraction for me if the focus is on the ambulances- especially the bright white door thats reflecting all the light. I might have cropped out the building. The ambulances and the fence with "no parking" is interesting enough along with the play of the light in front of the ambulances on the pavement. Id be curious to see how B&W looks after a crop...

Real Name
    Claudio

Funny..for some reason i reckon this scene would look great in HDR !! I Llike it.

For me, it is basically OK, Blake, but maybe the background building is a fraction over bright.

There is a small light in the gap between that building and the No Parking sign. Would it look better without that light?

Although, my main concerns are that there are two separated elements to the composition, as Mike mentioned. The ambulances on the left and the buildings on the right; without anything to directly connect the two.

Maybe that small distant light should actually be larger?

I'm almost tempted to do a cut and paste job to reduce that gap and bring both sides closer together. But to start with, I would try a very slight crop from the top and right side, which I suspect might help to close up the composition a little.

However, these are rather small composition thoughts. Technically speaking, the shot is fine.

Real Name
    Blake

The building was actually the repair garage for the ambulances. Maybe I should have taken this from a different angle to get the rest of the building in. Thanks for the feedback guys!