Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canon SX50 - Butterfly

Real Name
    Augustin Man

Canon SX50 - Butterfly

A butterfly shot on top of a hill near my town. I hadn't much time for setting, as the butterflies were fighting and fidgeting all the time. Here:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/86...48235/img_3965

Please choose Original.

Thank you for watching,

Augustin

P.S. I'm sorry, but it seems I have to give up trying to upload my images here: sometimes it says I'd broken some forum rules, sometimes it says the connection is being faulty

Canon SX50 - Butterfly
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 10th May 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Real Name
    pinaki

Re: Canon SX50 - Butterfly

very nice pic!Only background is little distracting.Otherwise butterfly is sharp with plenty of details!

Real Name
    Marcus

Hi Augustin,

nice shot! Seems as you do your shootong at during the challenging day time, at this time they are very active and difficult to shot, but you did a good job. If possible I would have prefered a even lower POV and a more open aperture. The DOF of your crop cam at f-stop 5.6 is huge, abit to much for my taste.

Real Name
    Augustin Man

Quote Originally Posted by pinakibaidya View Post
    very nice pic!Only background is little distracting.Otherwise butterfly is sharp with plenty of details!
    Thank you very much! Of course you're right, actually I didn't have much time to consider various settings...

All the best,

Augustin

Real Name
    Augustin Man

Quote Originally Posted by another Marcus View Post
    Hi Augustin,

nice shot! Seems as you do your shootong at during the challenging day time, at this time they are very active and difficult to shot, but you did a good job. If possible I would have prefered a even lower POV and a more open aperture. The DOF of your crop cam at f-stop 5.6 is huge, abit to much for my taste.
    Hi Marcus,

Thank you very much for your comment! Of course I should have shot it with a lower f in order to get some bokeh in the background, but it was a "hit and run" action even to get the butterfly in focus

Happy shooting,

Augustin

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Augustin Man View Post
    P.S. I'm sorry, but it seems I have to give up trying to upload my images here: sometimes it says I'd broken some forum rules, sometimes it says the connection is being faulty
    Hi Augustin,

How's that?

I just went to your link, clicked until I got a big image, right clicked and copied the Image Location, then came back here, edited your post, clicked the Insert Image button and pasted the url (ending jpg) into the pop up dialog.

There's more on how in the Direct Linking option available from thsi thread;
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

PS it took me a lot longer to explain it than do it

So bottom line is; you don't need to upload here at all, just "direct link" from where they are.

Very nice capture by the way, well done,

Real Name
    Augustin Man

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Augustin,

How's that?

I just went to your link, clicked until I got a big image, right clicked and copied the Image Location, then came back here, edited your post, clicked the Insert Image button and pasted the url (ending jpg) into the pop up dialog.

There's more on how in the Direct Linking option available from thsi thread;
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

PS it took me a lot longer to explain it than do it

So bottom line is; you don't need to upload here at all, just "direct link" from where they are.

Very nice capture by the way, well done,
    Thank you very much, Dave! I'm so sorry you have to babysit me, but believe me I tried several times to load my image and it returned again and again some communication failure , just as I was posting to other forums, something that excluded a problem on my laptop...

All the best and happy shooting,

Augustin

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Augustin Man View Post
    Thank you very much, Dave! I'm so sorry you have to babysit me, but believe me I tried several times to load my image and it returned again and again some communication failure , just as I was posting to other forums, something that excluded a problem on my laptop...

All the best and happy shooting,
    Well Augustin, I hope it hasn't put you off.

If you are going to upload elsewhere anyway, perhaps just do that and put a link here like I did.

All the best,