Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Any Sigma 10-20 f3.5 users out there?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Any Sigma 10-20 f3.5 users out there?

It's only 5 weeks or so until the UK returns the rate of Value Added Tax back up to 17.5%, after having reduced it as an incentive to spend (which worked in my case!)

Anyone using the Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM? If so, what do you think? Or ... what would you suggest instead? I'd be putting it on a 40D. Furthering my L-coholic (see Southern!) fantasies is probably not a financial option.
    Last edited by Donald; 27th November 2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Why did I write 'Sutherland'?

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Any Sigma 10-20 f3.5 users out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It's only 5 weeks or so until the UK returns the rate of Value Added Tax back up to 17.5%, after having reduced it as an incentive to spend (which worked in my case!)

Anyone using the Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM? If so, what do you think? Or ... what would you suggest instead? I'd be putting it on a 40D. Furthering my L-coholic (see Southern!) fantasies is probably not a financial option.
    Hi donald, i have a 10-20 f/3.5. I use it on a 40D as well. It's a nice lens, i think. A little soft wide open, but 1 or 2 stops down it sharpens right up. Seems to be the best between f5.6 and f11. Well built........fast focus.........great colors. I like it. Here are a couple of shots i took with it.(haven't used it that much yet)

This is 5 exposures layered with gimp (need to fix a few things and redo it)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Steve

Many thanks. I remember the dialogue between yourself and Colin on that first image. Didn't click that it was with this lens. The credit card is straining to escape from the wallet!

It's either the Sigma or the Tokina AT-X Pro DX AF 11-16 f2.8 (they could have found a shorter name!) which seems to get pretty rave reviews.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The credit card is straining to escape from the wallet!
    Just put yourself out of your misery and buy it ...

... resistance is futile!