Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Recording actions questions

Real Name
    mat

Recording actions questions

Bonjour and g'day
    I am playing around with the actions palette on photoshop, I use PS3, and I am trying to record some often used ones. The problem I am having is that while I understand how to set Layers, brush size and hardness, filling layers etc, I can't make it record the fact that I change the blending mode. This is no great deal as it's easy enough to do after you've played the action but if it's possible to do, I'd like to do it.
    Am I missing something or am I expecting too much ?
    Frustrated
    mat

Real Name
    John

Re: Recording actions questions

Quote Originally Posted by moopy goops View Post
    Bonjour and g'day
    I am playing around with the actions palette on photoshop, I use PS3, and I am trying to record some often used ones. The problem I am having is that while I understand how to set Layers, brush size and hardness, filling layers etc, I can't make it record the fact that I change the blending mode. This is no great deal as it's easy enough to do after you've played the action but if it's possible to do, I'd like to do it.
    Am I missing something or am I expecting too much ?
    Frustrated
    mat
    You are probably missing a lot. Check for online tutorials or a handy text on using layers and brushes.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Recording actions questions

Mat I can't speak for CS3 but I can tell you that recording an Action in CS5 or CS6 does include a change in layer Blending mode. I have a couple of Actions which verify this. No special technique required.

Dave