Thread: My shots of twilight

Real Name
    Walad Jam

My shots of twilight

My twilight shots 3 months ago. Your c & c would be helpful and appreciated:

My shots of twilight

My shots of twilight

Real Name
    Cliff McCartney

Re: My shots of twilight

Hi Walad,

Another nice set!

#1: The clouds in the upper right are distracting. I think I'd try to clone them out. I'd also see what the image looks like without the buildings on the right side on the shore, and the small vertical line coming out of the top of the ship's bow. It might look better without all that and it might not. I'd have to see it Lastly, I think I'd crop a bit more on the left, so that the sun is closer to the left third line.

There are a couple of things in #2 that I'd change. One is the big white thing at the bottom center. I'm not sure, but it looks like a bicycle seat. I believe the image would look better without it. Also, I think I'd try to clone out the line from the ship to the dock.

Cliff

Real Name
    Brian Y.

i feel as if my eye is drawn enough to the sun that i did not notice the clouds in the upper right on pic 1, but now that i notice them, i also say clone or spot heal them out

Some unusual angles, Walad, which work really well.

Excellent compositions, I wouldn't change anything.

Having said that, I would possibly have preferred #2 without the bow mooring rope cutting across the scene, to the far right side. But it is in a position which doesn't really cause any problems so I wouldn't worry about it.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by cliffmccartney View Post
    Hi Walad,

Another nice set!

#1: The clouds in the upper right are distracting. I think I'd try to clone them out. I'd also see what the image looks like without the buildings on the right side on the shore, and the small vertical line coming out of the top of the ship's bow. It might look better without all that and it might not. I'd have to see it Lastly, I think I'd crop a bit more on the left, so that the sun is closer to the left third line.

There are a couple of things in #2 that I'd change. One is the big white thing at the bottom center. I'm not sure, but it looks like a bicycle seat. I believe the image would look better without it. Also, I think I'd try to clone out the line from the ship to the dock.

Cliff
    Hi Cliff,

Thanks for viewing. I appreciate your valuable comments and feedback.

The big white thing is not a bicycle seat but it's a ship anchor point - see below link for ease reference:

http://www.123rf.com/photo_6966150_r...-dockside.html
    Last edited by Walj; 29th April 2013 at 03:15 AM.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by LLP View Post
    i feel as if my eye is drawn enough to the sun that i did not notice the clouds in the upper right on pic 1, but now that i notice them, i also say clone or spot heal them out
    Thanks Brian.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Some unusual angles, Walad, which work really well.

Excellent compositions, I wouldn't change anything.

Having said that, I would possibly have preferred #2 without the bow mooring rope cutting across the scene, to the far right side. But it is in a position which doesn't really cause any problems so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Geoff - Hi,

Thanks very much for viewing and your feedback. Wonderful!