Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Needing some C+C

Real Name
    Cherie

Needing some C+C

Hi everyone,

I've just uploaded some pics to my album I created. So far they are pics I did of some children in my son's playgroup. They were all 2 year olds!

I am fairly happy with the results I got but believe there is always room for improvement so some comments would be very welcome.

Soon I will upload some of the pics im not happy with as well.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Needing some C+C

Hi Cherie,

I just too a quick look for you. The one that really stood out to my eye was one where the white balance appears to be a bit off.

I've given it a quick adjust in Photoshop, although I'm pretty hopeless at adjusting skin tones by eye.

Before ...

Needing some C+C

After ...

Needing some C+C

Real Name
    Cherie

oh - forgot to mention - I think I edited them all in Lightroom and that was before I knew how to edit things like eye whites.

Real Name
    Cherie

Thanks Colin!

That photo I is one of the ones that took a bit of work. It is slightly out of focus so I have tried to hide that. I have also tried to highligh her eyes. Maybe I need to attack it again now that I have worked out how to isolate things.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by strawbs77 View Post
    Thanks Colin!

That photo I is one of the ones that took a bit of work. It is slightly out of focus so I have tried to hide that. I have also tried to highligh her eyes. Maybe I need to attack it again now that I have worked out how to isolate things.
    It's probably a good candidate for the old Coloured Eyes, Monochrome everything else trick ...

Needing some C+C

Real Name
    Cherie

Ohhh good idea... I think I will start from scratch and then I can get rid of that watermark!

Hi Cherie,

It's a little difficult to critique an entire album (General questions get general answers). Maybe start a thread with just one or two of the images inline for a detailed critique? Images 9, 8, 3, 4, and 12 are my favorites of the bunch. Also, please let us know how detailed (some take it as mean instead of as suggestions) you would like the C&C.

I think Colin made the right decision converting that image to B&W, with some creative color. The origional colors were too fargone to be salvaged.

Are you shooting with RAW Cherie? We can probebly help you rework some of those images, a lot look like they show promise for improvement, if you'd like

Real Name
    Cherie

Are you shooting with RAW Cherie? We can probebly help you rework some of those images, a lot look like they show promise for improvement, if you'd like
    Thanks Kent - Yes I am shooting in RAW. I guess I am after real C+C beceause so far its only been friends and family who have seen my photos and of course they are the mums and dads of the children.

As you suggested I will start a new post with maybe 1 or 2 pics - im just looking at the ones you like best and I see I have 2 number 12's.

Thanks