Thread: Pelican in flight

Real Name
    Harry

Pelican in flight

Hi all, have been busy lately so not on here much. This is one of my first attempts at birds in flight so C a C welcome, unfortunately he was a distance away - shot with my Sigma 120-400mm,hand held (not that steady)

1/500, av 8, iso 100, focal length 400mm

Pelican in flight

Real Name
    Christina

Re: Pelican in flight

Hi Harry,

Nice composition and colour.. I think the photo is a little soft.

Birds in flight are so challenging and my project to learn to do well this year. I've learned that using a higher iso and shutter speed helps, and I read and view all the bird in flight and bird postings on this forum to learn more.

Real Name
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
    Hi Harry,

Nice composition and colour.. I think the photo is a little soft.

Birds in flight are so challenging and my project to learn to do well this year. I've learned that using a higher iso and shutter speed helps, and I read and view all the bird in flight and bird postings on this forum to learn more.
    Thanks Christina- yes like you I am trying to improve in all aspects of photography so good feedback, thanks, i have to remember the higher shutter speed and iso

I am enjoying your posts, i dont always comment because I dont think im really that qualified- cheers

Real Name
    Christina

Nice to hear... Thank you.

Thank you. I too, don't feel like I'm qualified to comment but so many people have helped me with thier comments even if it is to say that they like the photo or not, so I'm trying do the same.. And it makes me think which I hope means I'm learning.

Quote Originally Posted by HAZZA View Post
    Thanks Christina- yes like you I am trying to improve in all aspects of photography so good feedback, thanks, i have to remember the higher shutter speed and iso

I am enjoying your posts, i dont always comment because I dont think im really that qualified- cheers