Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bird...meet window

Real Name
    Jon

Bird...meet window

As I was sitting in the office, finally going through pictures (from the last year or so) getting ready to print, I heard something hit the window. As I looked outside I see this little bird flopping around on the window ledge. I grabbed my camera just as he was getting up...

Bird...meet window

well, this little fella just flew off and I thought "Wow, that had to hurt". Just about then I saw him coming at me again and ..... THUD...

Bird...meet window

back on the window ledge again flopping around for a bit. He then got up, shook his little head and flew away.

Bird...meet window

I hope he learned something.

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Bird...meet window

Great shots but poor birdie! Is your window reflective? We were camping once and our camper had that UV film on the windows that was reflective. A male cardinal kept flying into the window over and over again, presumably fighting with the other male bird he was seeing. We tried covering the windows with newspaper but the wind would blow it loose and a spot of reflection would show through and it would start all over again. It went on so long that we ended up moving to another camp space.

Real Name
    Jon

Terri, the windows are not reflective...I think the bird was trying to attack me

Real Name
    mark

We have a window on opposing walls and birds often think they can fly through.