Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Perspective Adjustment in PS CS6

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Perspective Adjustment in PS CS6

PS usually allows you to do certain tasks in various ways and Perspective Adjustment is no exception. I would be interested to hear what others do with PS CS6 for this task.

As far as I can see, there are the following options

1. Transform/Perspective
    2. Lens Correction/Manual in both ACR and CS6
    3. Adaptive Wide Angle Filter
    4. Plug-in filter such as the fairly new DXO ViewPoint
    5. Perspective Crop Tool

They all have there own characteristics and strengths and weaknesses but lately I have been fiddling with the Perspective crop tool and found it to be very good. I'm embarrassed to say that I only discovered it recently.

I'd be interested to hear of the experiences and optinions of others thanks.

Dave

Real Name
    E. James

Re: Perspective Adjustment in PS CS6

I frequently use the Edit > Free Transform and Transform to change parts of images on individual layers. See attached example. Here, I was just playing and the imperfections are obvious...to the digitally savvy.

before and...

after

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Thanks for your comments Ed. That's an interesting idea to change the perspective of only part of an image.

Dave

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    but lately I have been fiddling with the Perspective crop tool and found it to be very good. I'm embarrassed to say that I only discovered it recently.
    Don't be, I gather this had a major revamp in CS6

I haven't tried it yet, previously having used Transform/Perspective - although I did try the Lens Correction method once.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Don't be, I gather this had a major revamp in CS6

I haven't tried it yet, previously having used Transform/Perspective - although I did try the Lens Correction method once.

Cheers,
    Dave I found the perspective crop tool easy to use but powerful. It's quite intuitive. The only thing I've found is that sometimes it can make the subject look a bit "stretched" in either the vertical or horizontal direction but this can be adjusted moving the top and bottom adjustment lines rather than the two side lines. Or if all else fails, you can use the transform tool afterwards to stretch or shrink the image in one direction.

Dave

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    The only thing I've found is that sometimes it can make the subject look a bit "stretched" in either the vertical or horizontal direction but this can be adjusted moving the top and bottom adjustment lines rather than the two side lines. Or if all else fails, you can use the transform tool afterwards to stretch or shrink the image in one direction.
    Hi Dave,

Yes, I have had to do this before too, although the way I have done it, it needed stretching because it was compressed

Cheers,