Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A Picture of St Ives

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

A Picture of St Ives

I spent yesterday wandering around St Ives in West Cornwall on the Atlantic coast. I saw a painting in an art gallery of the southern west end of St Ives Harbour, which I quite took to (until I saw the price). Having a glass of wine in a harbour side bar I saw the same scene in real life. I have tried here to recreate the painting.

A Picture of St Ives

Real Name
    John

Re: A Picture of St Ives

Hi Chris,
    I love St. Ives; one of my favourite places.
    I think you have captured a nice shot here, certainly cheaper that buying that painting.

Have you considered using PP to add a 'Paint' filter to the picture, to see if you can create the effect in the painting?
    Thanks for sharing.
    John

Real Name
    Harry

Re: A Picture of St Ives

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    I spent yesterday wandering around St Ives in West Cornwall on the Atlantic coast. I saw a painting in an art gallery of the southern west end of St Ives Harbour, which I quite took to (until I saw the price). Having a glass of wine in a harbour side bar I saw the same scene in real life. I have tried here to recreate the painting.

A Picture of St Ives
    Great image Christopher - very sharp! What lens did you shoot with? If I was to suggest anything maybe a crop top and bottom (but im no expert so just my opinion) to bring the main view closer - think it would add to it greatly as it is such a sharp image - well done