Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Top & Bottom

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Top & Bottom

C&C encouraged as always, though I have nothing to ask.

Top & Bottom

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Re: Top & Bottom

This and your other two images (Bottoms) are very imaginative and display beautiful tones. I not entirely sure about the composition but cannot pinpoint why. Great idea and well executed.

Real Name
    Bobo

What a wonderful image. You sure have got the technique down pat.

Have you considered putting them up for sale through some stock or other type of agency. Perhaps see if some art dealer in your area will take on an exhibition ??

Thanks, Mike. If you eventually decide why the composition doesn't quite work for you, be sure to let us know.

Thank you also to Bobo. I don't have a large enough body of really high-quality work to justify in my mind approaching anyone to sell this stuff. I also spend my entire day selling, so spending my disposable time trying to sell my photos, which I suspect will be even more difficult, isn't very appealing. Even so, the supreme compliment you're paying me by making the suggestion is very much appreciated.

Real Name
    Kenny

Mike, I love the tones of this image. I agree you could easily sell some of the images you've posted on here and I think you're too modest. Re Mike's (Clactonian) comment re composition, I find my eye drawn away from the bottle "bottom" by the lines created by the bottle on it' side and wonder if this is the same for Mike? That said, I am not able to offer any advice on improving the composition as my skills are too limited. (I'm in the process of "building" a lightbox of sorts to start experimenting with different lighting situations as I have been so inspired by your images of glass!)

Quote Originally Posted by Coinneachmhor View Post
    I find my eye drawn away from the bottle "bottom" by the lines created by the bottle on it's side
    That's really interesting. For me, the bottle top is the primary subject. So, while I agree that the bottle top has more presence, that's by design. Having said that, it's very possible that there is a better way to tell this story using a different composition.