Thread: Memory Cards

Real Name
    Roger

Memory Cards

Hi, Hope somebody can help, I've got a Canon SX50 HS at present im using a Sandisk Extreme 45 mb/s class 10, I have been looking at the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 mb/s Class 1 uhs.
    Question will it be compatable with my camera and will it write much quicker as I want to do some action shots Motor racing etc.
    Thanks in advance.
    Roger

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Memory Cards

Hi rodger please read this thread Fastest SD card I really need for a Canon EOS 6D? from what i can see youd be wasting your money

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Roger,

Performance may depend on the size of the card too.

My experience with the Nikon P510, roughly equivalent to the SX50HS, is that a 32GB C10 card was much slower to empty a full buffer than 4 and 8GB C2/C6 cards.

However, I didn't see that difference in a Canon S100 P&S (or my proper DSLR, a Nikon D5000), so maybe that just a P510 problem.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Roger

Thanks for the information Both, perhaps I will just stick with what I've got........Thanks again for the replys.
    Roger

Real Name
    Pavel

Roger,

Kingston 16GB class 10 performs quite well. As has been said earlier, memory card speed is not limiting factor to overall system performance. Using class 10 SD cards, entry level DSLRs (three digit Canons, for instance) shoot 5 RAW frames/sec without any issues. My 2 penny.

Regards,
    Pavel