Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: C&C Moonlit church

Real Name
    Al

C&C Moonlit church

This is an old one but for some reason I haven't done more like it. A single 15 minute exposure IIRC. A grumpy man walked his dog through it and seemed to think I was a burglar. The sky was dark to my eyes. Probably the most PP I've ever done: to remove hotspots and aircraft, change WB and rotate slightly. I find the house light at the bottom a distraction, but didn't think to alter it. I use GIMP.

What might I have done differently?

Thanks.

C&C Moonlit church

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: C&C Moonlit church

Hi Al.

Nice attempt, but as you recognized there is too much light on the right side. I think you might have improved this image in a couple ways. The first is painting with light - take a bright flashlight (or is it a torch) and quickly move the beam all over the church, never dwelling in one spot. It will bring out the details and you won't need such a long exposure. With a shorter exposure time, the lights on the right side should be reduced.

The second thing, and you may not like this, is the star trails are distracting. It's my opinion that the stars should either be point sources (less that 30 second exposure), non-existent or the sky should be full of them. Of course, you and others may have quite different thoughts; it is just one person's opinion.

You may want to come back to this church over and over again to experiment.

Real Name
    Al

Re: C&C Moonlit church

Thanks for looking , Ken. I actually wanted the star trails, but there was just too much light pollution or cloud to see many.