Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Toxic Injection

Toxic Injection

Usually I only take landscape pictures of a night so this isn't my usual kind of post, I was just messing around whilst waiting for some epoxy to set whilst adding glow in the dark powder marking to some stuff. The syringe is full of aforementioned glow stuff. I took it in the dark with slow shutter to catch the glow but lit from the side with single flash hence the specular reflection on the needle.

Toxic Injection

Re: Toxic Injection

One word: Creepy

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Davey,

Nice pic., just one thing I'd do - wipe a desat brush over the specular to remove the blue glow - although maybe you like it/it adds to the spookiness!

How'd you get it to float in space like that?
    Ooh, in trying to see for myself, I just noticed a highlight flare in top left corner which might benefit from clone removal.

EDIT: a second thought on the blue glow - sample from the green and replace it with that colour

Cheers,

It looks like it's floatng but the base is resting on a black surface and it's got a little piece of modelling wire around the base to hold it upright on an angle. I cloned out the wire and turned up the black clip point when I processed the .raf to make it look like it's in space. You can still see little bit of the wire if look close. The syringe has been reused (not on a person ) time and time again for paint and ink mixing or filling pens etc etc hence it looks dirty in reality (due to accumulated black pigment mainly) so that isn't added in pp.

Ah just noticed the top left thanks for that. I agree the blue cast would look better green. I might do that sometime but was more of a mess around shot whilst waiting for glue to dry (as bad as watching paint dry).