Focal Length
    600.0 mm

Real Name
    John

Re: Double portrait

Very nice,

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Great pose, though you've made me come to expect more interesting light in your photos. Shame on you for setting such a high standard.

Real Name
    Mark

Very nice. Impressive performance from that big lens. Nice to see how the exposure comp you applied handled the snow.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very nice,
    Thanks john

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Great pose, though you've made me come to expect more interesting light in your photos. Shame on you for setting such a high standard.

Thanks mike, just weeding through the second picks of a previous shoot. The light wasn't all that bad. Soft shadows and good shadow detail. Cloudy day though. I'll try and do better next time.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Downrigger View Post
    Very nice. Impressive performance from that big lens. Nice to see how the exposure comp you applied handled the snow.
    Thanks mark, not really that big of a lens. (300 f/4L + 2x TC = 600mm) Very good performance for a 2xTC though.

The exposure comp, was just one of those times when the camera gets fooled. ( Bright all white background.) Think i was using evaluative metering. I started out at +1 and it was still too dark. Had to bump it to +1 2/3 to get the histogram where i wanted it. (always check the histograms.)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Again, it's all about the timing, isn't it. That moment when the two of them were lined up like that, both looking straight at you. Wonderful. When (If) I'd achieve something like that it would be luck. When you do it as consistently as you do, it's skill.

Real Name
    Alfred Forns

Excellent !!! Like both poses and image quality !!

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Again, it's all about the timing, isn't it. That moment when the two of them were lined up like that, both looking straight at you. Wonderful. When (If) I'd achieve something like that it would be luck. When you do it as consistently as you do, it's skill.
    Thank you donald. The more i shoot, the more i realize ' it's all about everything'. It's all about : the timing, the light, the foreground, the background, interesting subject matter, the processing. Let any 'one' thing slip, and the image isn't the same. Really hard sometimes ,to get things right.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Aforns View Post
    Excellent !!! Like both poses and image quality !!
    Thank you alfred.

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Thank you donald. The more i shoot, the more i realize ' it's all about everything'. It's all about : the timing, the light, the foreground, the background, interesting subject matter, the processing. Let any 'one' thing slip, and the image isn't the same. Really hard sometimes ,to get things right.

Boy, Steve, that hits home. Donald's right about timing, but only if you get everything else on the list you add through disciplined habit. As a novice, I find I get excited about the shot to the extent that I almost always leave out at least one thing I wish I had remembered - one could add composition! Sometimes I fail to see what else is in the frame. And often I realize I have totally muffed DOF, and even focus (it's never the lens). I hope I improve at actuating my mental checklist smoothly and consistently as I shoot more. Good work, like yours, here, requires a lot of concentration and mental focus.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Downrigger View Post
    Boy, Steve, that hits home. Donald's right about timing, but only if you get everything else on the list you add through disciplined habit. As a novice, I find I get excited about the shot to the extent that I almost always leave out at least one thing I wish I had remembered - one could add composition! Sometimes I fail to see what else is in the frame. And often I realize I have totally muffed DOF, and even focus (it's never the lens). I hope I improve at actuating my mental checklist smoothly and consistently as I shoot more. Good work, like yours, here, requires a lot of concentration and mental focus.

Then combine all that, with only having about 10 seconds or less, to make the shot. Ohhh the joy's of wildlife shooting.

Things like depth of field and shutter speed, are premeditated . You know before hand ,what you are shooting, so have your camera adjusted at all times.

Even the light can be premeditated. (direction and time of day)

Composition and exposure has to be on autopilot.

Real Name
    Bobo

Beautiful as always.