Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: a couple more from st michael's mount,cornwall

Real Name
    Paul

a couple more from st michael's mount,cornwall

a couple more from st michael's mount,cornwall.i know its done to the death the first one being my favorite
    c&c welcome

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: a couple more from st michael's mount,cornwall

Hi, Paul

I really like the inclusion of the foreground boats for its expansion of depth in both space and context. The first image would be my preferred were there only a bit more detail in the mount- you probably would need to do separate shots and a composite to retain detail in both and still retain enough size in the mount. Regardless, I find it quite appealing in its composition and elements.
    The second image seems less strong with the relative reduction and peripheral placement of the foreground boat. I'd be interested in knowing what focal lengths you used- I'm presuming wide in the first to slightly above normal in the second?

I can certainly see why you "worked this over". It takes a certain photographic maturity to patiently explore multiple possibilities rather than clicking and running off to the next scene.

Cheers

Real Name
    Alfred Forns

Both very appealing, like the second better Could experiment with bumping the contrast !! Excellent !!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Both shots are very nice, though I prefer the first one.

My thinking is similar to Kevin's about that one. Where we differ is that I'm confident that you can bring out the detail in the Mount without having to use another capture. I would also like to see the boat and beach in front of it brightened considerably and with a bit more contrast.