Thread: NYC Pano

Real Name
    Jason

NYC Pano

Hey all,

This is the other shot I took last night. Took quite a while to process, 5x2 panorama.

NYC Pano
    D800 105mm micro f/2.8 at f13. Iso 100. color tempature 2940k.

NYC Pano
    D600, 30s, f/16
    CC always,

Jason
    Last edited by Rhoads238; 19th March 2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added d600 file

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: NYC Pano

Now that's some skyline Jason ! Very well done. NYC has such a long extended skyline that you tend to lose the scale of the buildings when it's compressed into an image that will fit on a monitor. I imagine it would look pretty impressive on a very large canvas.

Dave

PS This has to be viewed in Lightbox for best effect.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

That, I think, is very good and in terms of the use of light is, I think, a better image than the image of almost the same scene posted in the November competition.

I think, overall, this image looks a bit softer/more subtle than the November one. But that is not, in my opinion, any problem. Indeed, I prefer this one. It's not so harsh and there is a better balance of tone, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Donald; 19th March 2013 at 08:23 AM.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That, I think, is very good and in terms of the use of light is, I think, a better image than the image of almost the same scene posted in the November competition.

I think, overall, this image looks a bit softer/more subtle than the November one. But that is not, in my opinion, any problem. Indeed, I prefer this one. It's not so harsh and there is a better balance of tone, in my opinion.
    Yes I had a look at that November image and I also think this one is considerably better. Better light and exposure and a better crop/aspect ratio.

Dave

Real Name
    John

Very nice image.

Real Name
    Susan

I agree - I like this one better also. Very nice colors.

Real Name
    Jason

Thanks everyone. I really wanted to improve the shot from again from the first and second time i shot from this location. This time it was with a different camera and lens but also different settings and processing were done. I think in the d600 shot i used my 50mm 1.4. Also my d600 had the sensor dust problem that is common among early models. When i contacted nikon they basically said its my problem so i sold it. Im still very unhappy about the situation but at least it gave me an excuse to go buy a d800. I was so disgusted with nikon's response I almost converted to canon but i couldnt stand the though of taking that much of a loss on all the equipment I invested in.

Real Name
    Mark

Jason, great images and much improvement from November well done. i visited NYC a couple of years ago and spent a fab 10 days there, would love to go back, but the wife says im not allowed near B&H!

i have much the same opinion of Nikon at the moment and if i were not so heavily invested in them i would have gone over to canon. Hopefully they will start to listen!

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Jason, great images and much improvement from November well done. i visited NYC a couple of years ago and spent a fab 10 days there, would love to go back, but the wife says im not allowed near B&H!

i have much the same opinion of Nikon at the moment and if i were not so heavily invested in them i would have gone over to canon. Hopefully they will start to listen!
    I live about fifteen minutes from b&h it is so easy to spend your life savings there. Every time i go in i see something that i "need". anyway I sold my d600 to them and they didnt seem to notice the dust. I really hope that nikon does make good on the problem for the d600 owners.