Thread: Perfectly Clear-Athentech?

Real Name
    Martin

Perfectly Clear-Athentech?

Good Evening All,

I spent some time watching youtube and came across this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8wpEld2y3A

...the results appear quite remarkable for simple "One-Touch" image corrections. Admittedly the price of $200 is a bit steep, but if it saves me hours of dragging little sliders up and down, it might be worth putting on my wish list for a birthday present.

Anybody used Perfectly Clear? Any thoughts?

Real Name
    Robert

Re: Perfectly Clear-Athentech?

Lightroom has an "AUTO" button- One click.! and it has many, many presets for near instant 'creativity'.
    Why buy more plugins for the software you already have?

As Robert notes, try the AUTO button in LR.

The seller mentions "much more VIBRANCE and much more CLARITY" in the zebra image. These adjustments are in Lightroom, I use them all the time.

The dark spots in the picture of the two ladies can be adjusted by using the Shadows slider in LR.

I could be wrong, but it looks like a slick gimmick to sell something that isn't unique at all.

Or if one absolutely does not want to do any PP at all, shoot JPEG.

Glenn

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by CP140 View Post
    Good Evening All,

I spent some time watching youtube and came across this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8wpEld2y3A

...the results appear quite remarkable for simple "One-Touch" image corrections. Admittedly the price of $200 is a bit steep, but if it saves me hours of dragging little sliders up and down, it might be worth putting on my wish list for a birthday present.

Anybody used Perfectly Clear? Any thoughts?
    I watched the video, downloaded the 30 day trial, edited about 50 photos. It's not bad, the noise reduction portion needs more kick, the exposure compensation is very limited. Other than those two minor flaws, plus it does crash Elements often, nice accessory especially if you want to do batch processing. Thanks for the link.

Real Name
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by wobert View Post
    Lightroom has an "AUTO" button- One click.! and it has many, many presets for near instant 'creativity'.
    Why buy more plugins for the software you already have?
    Alas...that's the root of my problems (with photography anyway). I can look at an image and say to myself, "Hmm...that needs something...," so I end up trying multiple presets and playing with the various sliders to get an image I like.

I am admittedly at a very early stage with LR/PS etc, but I find manipulating the various options frustrating at times.

Chalk it up to impatience and not having spent enough time playing with the software.

Real Name
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn NK View Post
    As Robert notes, try the AUTO button in LR.

The seller mentions "much more VIBRANCE and much more CLARITY" in the zebra image. These adjustments are in Lightroom, I use them all the time.

The dark spots in the picture of the two ladies can be adjusted by using the Shadows slider in LR.

I could be wrong, but it looks like a slick gimmick to sell something that isn't unique at all.

Or if one absolutely does not want to do any PP at all, shoot JPEG.

Glenn
    True enough, the adjustments are all available in LR... what intrigues me is the software manipulating mutliple adjustments at one time (and different adjustments/different amount of adjustment) on different images.

Real Name
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I watched the video, downloaded the 30 day trial, edited about 50 photos. It's not bad, the noise reduction portion needs more kick, the exposure compensation is very limited. Other than those two minor flaws, plus it does crash Elements often, nice accessory especially if you want to do batch processing. Thanks for the link.
    Thanks for the info... perhaps I'll give the trial a go myself. You mention it caused Elements to dump. Which version of Elements are you using?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by CP140 View Post
    Thanks for the info... perhaps I'll give the trial a go myself. You mention it caused Elements to dump. Which version of Elements are you using?
    Elements 8, it works with versions 7-10, other users have had similar problems. The solution is supposedly correctable, have to send an email to their gurus. I think it is mostly an issue with utilizing too much allocating memory, I tend to run too many programs at once. The recommended memory size is 1GB and I have 4GB.

Real Name
    Lex

If software could produce perfectly-processed photos every time, it would probably be in the camera's .jpeg processing stream, and Photoshop wouldn't be on the market. Auto programs like this work fine on some photos, but a computer has no aesthetic sense, so when the going gets tough, manual control is the only way. Ultimately, I suspect this is (in the immortal words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper, PhD) hokum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    plus it does crash Elements often,
    Hi, I'm with Athentech - would love to help you with this crashing - shouldn't crash with Elements 8. Can you write me at our help desk help at athentech dot com

thanks!

Andy Williams
    COO Athentech