Couple from this morning

Comments welcome

Couple from this morning

Couple from this morning

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: Couple from this morning

Hi Jeff,

Must say I like your work quite a bit, it is always interesting.

I appreciate you leaving the exif data in the images. This way I can also learn from what you are doing.
    You are working with massive files leaving you with images you can do so much with. I would have cropped a bit in both images to bring the main subjects a bit closer.

In #1 I would have adjusted the WB to get the snow in the valley to be pure white whilst leaving the pink glow on the mountain. I would have cropped a bit to show more of the little village down the foothills of the mountain.

In #2 I would also crop a little to put more emphasis on the castle. The buildings in the foreground lead the eye nicely to the castle. A tad of WB adjustment leaves the early morning glow on the castle but turns the snow in the shade to pure white, making it look really cold where the buildings are still in the shade.

This is my personal opinion and may not suit the likes of others. Thanks for sharing.

Real Name
    John

Is this the same Castle from the post Castle MKII? If it is then I prefer this one. I found the sun distracting in the earlier post but here the composition works for me.

Real Name
    Miltos

Nice light and composition. I suggest you try boosting the contrast in the first one.

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    Is this the same Castle from the post Castle MKII? If it is then I prefer this one. I found the sun distracting in the earlier post but here the composition works for me.
    Yes, I decided to make it easy on myself & go round the other side ....

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by MilT0s View Post
    Nice light and composition. I suggest you try boosting the contrast in the first one.
    Thanks, Miltos I'll have a go at that, difficult light this morning, ice crystals in the air, I think ....

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Hi Jeff,

Must say I like your work quite a bit, it is always interesting.

I appreciate you leaving the exif data in the images. This way I can also learn from what you are doing.
    You are working with massive files leaving you with images you can do so much with. I would have cropped a bit in both images to bring the main subjects a bit closer.

In #1 I would have adjusted the WB to get the snow in the valley to be pure white whilst leaving the pink glow on the mountain. I would have cropped a bit to show more of the little village down the foothills of the mountain.

In #2 I would also crop a little to put more emphasis on the castle. The buildings in the foreground lead the eye nicely to the castle. A tad of WB adjustment leaves the early morning glow on the castle but turns the snow in the shade to pure white, making it look really cold where the buildings are still in the shade.

This is my personal opinion and may not suit the likes of others. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, useful suggestions.