Thread: Tethering my Nikon D200 to a laptop Computer

Real Name
    Robert

Tethering my Nikon D200 to a laptop Computer

I have always wished that Lightroom could tether direct to my Nikon D200 but it is not a camera supported by this Lightroom function.
    But have just found "ControlMyNikon" - www.controlmynikon.com/ A great program that has allowed me to save my images direct to the laptop. The program can be trialled for 14days, then purchased- I paid Aus $32.00 and the result was great. Almost full control of all camera functions from the laptop.!
    My first use has been a studio portrait workshop night for the camera club.
    The D200 was connected by USB to the laptop, 'ControlMyNikon' and 'Adobe Bridge' were both running, I had a projector mirroring the laptop onto a 6ft screen, and my Logitec remote 'mouse' acted as shutter trigger.
    Press the remote, wait 3 seconds, the image appears on the big screen. Magic for presentations.
    Has anyone else used same or similar software?

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: Tethering my Nikon D200 to a laptop Computer

Robert, I have had ControlMyNikon for some time and have found it great with my macro work especially with it's stacking function.

Real Name
    Mark

I use control my nikon as well, its a great piece of software with good support. i even managed to canbilse a wireless usb data dongle and mount it in the battery tray to send the photos and control the camera wireless. it worked fairly well but the support for windows 7 isnt there and the device is no longer made so im going to experiment with other hardware and see how i get on.

Real Name
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    I use control my nikon as well, its a great piece of software with good support. i even managed to canbilse a wireless usb data dongle and mount it in the battery tray to send the photos and control the camera wireless. it worked fairly well but the support for windows 7 isnt there and the device is no longer made so im going to experiment with other hardware and see how i get on.
    Yes- great support- I emailed the 'support' address and received a personal reply back very quickly.
    Regards Wireless USB- have a search through Youtube, I have seen videos about wireless but didn't take much notice.
    I run Windows-8 on my laptop and had annoying UAC (user account control) windows popping up always- but some adjustments in the properties for the "ControlMyNikon.exe" file fixed those.
    I am looking forward to learning a bit more about the focus stacking, and sound trigger functions of the program.
    Thanks Mark & Grahame.