Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Small little fella..

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Small little fella..

An opportunity to breed this small little fella again before it turns into pupae and Lime Butterfly. It has grown to 1.5cm long todate since 4 days ago. It's a record shot and I took this opportunity to polish my skill of photo stacking. Thanks for viewing. Your c & c is helpful and appreciated.

Small little fella..
    Last edited by Walj; 11th March 2013 at 06:02 AM.

Real Name
    Antonio Luz

Re: Small little fella..

Walad,
    It is a very interesting photo and I would like to see pictures of the pupa and the butterfly.
    What are the small white spots and why they are absent in the periphery of the photo? Did you use a blur (for example, a gaussian blur) in PP?
    Cheers,
    Antonio.

Real Name
    Paul

Handsome devil, isn't he.

Real Name
    Bobo

Nice colours on this guy. Stack works ok too. Just the right amount of blur to keep it realistic.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Panama Hat View Post
    Walad,
    It is a very interesting photo and I would like to see pictures of the pupa and the butterfly.
    What are the small white spots and why they are absent in the periphery of the photo? Did you use a blur (for example, a gaussian blur) in PP?
    Cheers,
    Antonio.
    Hi Antonio,

Thanks for viewing. To tell you the truth, I completely forgotten about blurring the background slightly and only realized when I read your comments. The white spots was a reflection of dirt on the leaf shine by my LED table light that I placed over the subject. Equipment used was EOS 7D, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS macro lens, extension tube, Raynox 250, tripod & shutter cable release.

If you wish to view the pupae and the butterfly it take at least 2 weeks but below pictures are my old shots how it looks:

Small little fella..

Small little fella..
    The Lime Butterfly caterpillar passes through 5 different instars before pupation. The first few instars of the caterpillar look like bird droppings and this is nature's way of protecting them from predators. In the 5th (final) instar, the caterpillar becomes pale green with a yellow sub-spiracular band having brown and bluish marking and a pair of false eyes. An additional yellow band is developed on the 4th and 5th segments with bluish spots on it

Small little fella..

Small little fella..

Small little fella..

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Handsome devil, isn't he.
    Yup! Thanks for viewing Paul.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Nice colours on this guy. Stack works ok too. Just the right amount of blur to keep it realistic.
    Hi Bobo,

Thanks for viewing and your comments. I'll try to remember not to forget to blur the BG next time.. . Great!

Real Name
    Steven

this looks like the caterpillar that I recently I posted here although I had no idea what the butterfly would look like. So now I know 8)

Thanks

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by teokf View Post
    this looks like the caterpillar that I recently I posted here although I had no idea what the butterfly would look like. So now I know 8)

Thanks
    Hi Steven,

I have not seen or came across your post of this same caterpillar / butterfly. Anyway, this is a common butterfly within our regent. Can be easily found on lime plants (limau kasturi)..
    Last edited by Walj; 11th March 2013 at 06:06 AM.