Thread: Catch me if you can!

Catch me if you can!

I am involved in a project 52 this year.. The theme this week is motion and after many tries this is what I came up with...I was panning along with Tucker in this shot and really like his eye contact... my question is mainly on the cropping, does this work? I was trying to crop to the rules of thirds.. not so great. I did try to give him room to run into the frame. Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Catch me if you can!

the settings are TV, f-4, SP 500, ISO 400, Focal length 30mm

Re: Catch me if you can!

Personally, I have never been keen on attempting to force a real life/nature shot into conforming to an arbitrary set of rules.

So in this case, I would crop a fraction tighter at the bottom and right side. Possibly, even try a different size ratio and lose a substantial amount from the right side.

That might actually bring the dog's head close to a 1/3 line, but on the right side of centre.

Geoff, Thank you for taking the time and replying to my thread. I have tried several different crops and I do like the tighter crop all the way around.... Thank you:>
    Catch me if you can!

Real Name
    Shane

That is one cool shot of a very happy dog! I think the crop makes the image more dynamic and enhances the movement you succeeded in capturing.

Real Name
    Alfred Forns

Hi Trina One mighty fine image, action at its best with a great face !!! Do like the original post much better, repost seems very tight and do like to have some space for the dog to move into. Excellent work !!