Koos

nature & architecture

I was in a creative mood. C&C welcome.

nature & architecture

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: nature & architecture

Baie mooi skoot Koos!
    Great shot, you can proudly sign your name on it.

Real Name
    Lex

Great timing! Honestly, there's nothing I'd change here. White balance is dead-on, leaving the dove a little warmer than the building's glass. Excellent decision.

Real Name
    Koos

Thanks for the comments. What I did was adding a layer with the "nature" part, to make the photo more interesting. I picked that from the internet. Do you think that is ethical right?

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Hi Koos,

Ethics goes hand in hand with honesty.

You posted an image not saying how you did it. Lex was under the same impression as myself, “great timing”. What great timing?

I ask myself: would I have said it is a great image if I knew the dove was pasted in? I still think it is a great image, however : can it still be classified as a photograph. Should it not be classified as a photographic image?
    Using an image captured by someone else to enhance your own work without giving credit to whomsoever captured the other image – is it ethical?

No Koos, I do not want to start another discussion about manipulating photographic images. You have proven a point I have made on the topic. The ethical thing to do in a forum like CiC, I would say, is to reveal how you have done it, not leaving others under the impression it is entirely your own original work. I do not wish to analise every single image I see posted in CiC to determine if it was manipulated or not.

I believe you have done the ethical thing in admitting the image was manipulated. As for using an image you picked from the internet, only you will know if it is ethical or not.

IMHO it is a moral obligation for CiC members to admit any extensive PP done. Thanks for doing so.

Real Name
    Koos

Ok, Andre. Thanks for the comment.
    This is the first time I have done something like this and I was not sure how to present it. That's why I called it a "creative moment". I have read this morning some articles about this subject and I like the one saying it can be seen as a personal interpretation of reality, but then it is more in the direction of art in stead of photography. I have not compromised any copyrights, just googled it and took a image that fitted me.

Also I am not sure if I would do it again, I like straight out photography better.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Hi Koos,
    Saw the title, saw the dove, put two and two together and came up with the same number you did. All depends on how one processes the available information - love diversity.

Great PP work as (on this scale) the dove blends in very well. Very effective image.
    Grahm