Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Beach - 6 in the morning

Real Name
    António Correia

Beach - 6 in the morning

What do you guys have to say about these two images ?
    Comments well come. Thank you
    Beach - 6 in the morning
    Beach - 6 in the morning

Real Name
    Ali

Re: Beach - 6 in the morning

What about them, Antonio? Give us some clue/background.

I am guessing, you sued CPL on the first one, and that is why you can see deeper in the water and there less reflection on the surface? Just a guess, since I have been thinking about this for a few days now

Real Name
    António Correia

Re: Beach - 6 in the morning

Thank you Alis for dropping some lines about the photos.
    The small group of photographers here - just 6 persons - decided to make an exposition subjected to the theme: "About the sea".
    I usually make very "perfect" photography, with everything straight, or almost, very clear, bright, etc. etc..
    This time I was trying something more dynamic/different, under a different approach.
    In fact, these photos were done some time ago and I decided to retrieve them.
    They are long exposures but not that long, just a few seconds. I don't have those exquisite CPF you know. I have only one CPF and a NDF, which I was not using on these photos.

But still about this matter, I was planning to go on a ship with fishermen at maybe 3 in the morning with return at 12 in the afternoon, to get some pictures of them working on board but I fear the equipment to get salt water on it.
    Moreover it can rain. I don't know yet.
    Anyway I have to get permissions from the officials but that I can easily handle.

I have thought to go to luminous landscape where I have seen some protections of cameras when Michael was in the Antarctica, but I have been working on other images today...

I have to agree that the presented images don't please me very much. May be I will have to try again with longer exposures...

Thank you. have a nice working week.