Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: rigatony

rigatony

I am new to this. I have a private message waiting for me but i cannot (though I have tried) access it. Now that I've written the foregoing the thought occurs, how will I manage to see any reply I get to this message?

Real Name
    Orlando

Re: rigatony

for the private message, click on top right: notifications. Right now, for me it just says inbox but I think it may have something additional when you have a message

For replies to post, just below "notifications", and below "A Learning community for photographers", underneath "Photography Tutorials" click on "View Your Threads or Posts". now click on "View all your posts".

But by the time you figure this all out, you probably already know how. hummm, let me see if I can send the above in your e-mail.

I still struggle with Private Messages, etc, and I don't see any of the headings which Orlando mentioned.

So I select Private Messages from the top CinC toolbar and go to Inbox for any messages.

To reply, or send a message, I go to Send New Message and type my message, adding the recipients and a title where appropriate.

Alternatively, after reading a message I may use the Quick Reply option. Write the reply and click Submit.

There are several alternative ways of achieving the same result; I think it depends on how you set up the viewing options.

Real Name
    Orlando

Interesting. This is how my CIC menu's look like:
    rigatony

Ah, Screenshots - I did read about doing that once. But it is something else which always confuses me!

But I have sorted out one thing. I have a toolbar on the left side of my screen so that squashes up my CinC top toolbar line. Which means View Your Threads is hidden underneath Advanced Search.

I can see the full line if I go full screen (F11).

However, View Your Threads/Posts just takes my through everything I have ever posted without mentioning PM's. That still comes through the Private Messages link and Inbox.

Isn't life complicated.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

This any help?

rigatony

and for later;
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

UPDATE:
    I see Orlando beat me to it

Welcome to the CiC forums from,