Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flickr Slideshow Embeded in Web Sites

Flickr Slideshow Embeded in Web Sites

My question has been answered and I am very happy with the outcome. I was already working on uploading pictures when was told use Flickr for slideshow. This link is to our slideshow of Caspar the Barn Owl. It is already working on our web site and my winter task now is to get all the Owls animals etc there own slideshow. Just as well here as taking pictures is going to be limited in our Winter light.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4407103...25346515/show/

Hope you like the show, please post any comments you would like to share.

You can embed slide shows from Flickr, if you want follow this next link sent to me by Christian on the Canon digital forums site.

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2008/08/20/new-slideshow/

Real Name
    Jeroen

Re: Flickr Slideshow Embeded in Web Sites

Hi Rod

thanks for the suggestion! I didn't know it was possible and the slideshows look very nice.
    Just one thing: your link about how to embed a slideshow is dead, but I found out that if you just typ

/show

at the end of the adres of you photostream (or a particular set) you get the slidewhow immediately. Than embed with the share button.

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Some fantastic pictures there Rod. I've looked at your stream and your profile. You're not using flickr to it's potential mate. Search for some similar groups (there are loads) meet other people and make them contacts (On flickr I'm The Blue Boy) and get your photostream noticed. You'll get comments on your pics from people interested in the same stuff as you. This goes for anyone else here that uses flickr.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying leave here. I've learnt shedloads here. I'm saying go out and share it!
    Last edited by The Blue Boy; 7th November 2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Spelling. I'm thick as ......

Real Name
    Chris

Awesome photos.......... Nuff said....

Some fantastic pictures there Rod. I've looked at your stream and your profile. You're not using flickr to it's potential mate. Search for some similar groups (there are loads) meet other people and make them contacts (On flickr I'm The Blue Boy) and get your photostream noticed. You'll get comments on your pics from people interested in the same stuff as you. This goes for anyone else here that uses flickr.
    Many thanks Mark for your comments. Everything is happening at 100 mph here and all very overwhelming! I joined here a few weeks ago, joined Canon digital forum to ask questions re focussing and lens. Colin and others here have helped me lots and so wanted to get pictures up somewhere and Flickr was suggested, so I started. Then my partner wanted a slideshow for our web site and so posted another question, got the flickr response and so that took us into the early hours one night. Now we have started to embed a slideshow for each of our birds on our web site and so sharing is something I am keen to learn and do. I will contact you via Flickr for sharing on there. But wanted to post this for others to benefit from

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying leave here. I've learnt shedloads here. I'm saying go out and share it!
    No way would leave here value the support and advice and more than willing to help others back, keep up the good stuff.