Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Patterns in black-and-white

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Patterns in black-and-white

Two patterns captured a week apart in 2011 at perhaps two unlikely places -- a baseball stadium and a museum. Converted to black-and-white this week.

Considering that these two photos don't display well so close together in the thread, please click to view in the Lytebox. C&C encouraged as always, though I have no questions.

entrance to the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles Airport in Virginia

empty seats at Nationals Park, the major league baseball stadium in Washington, D.C.

Last edited by Mike Buckley; 23rd February 2013 at 06:54 AM.

Re: Patterns in black-and-white

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Two patterns captured a week apart in 2011 at perhaps two unlikely places -- a baseball stadium and a museum. Converted to black-and-white this week.

Considering that these two photos don't display well so close together in the thread, please click to view in the Lytebox. C&C encouraged as always, though I have no questions.

entrance to the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles Airport in Virginia

empty seats at Nationals Park, the major league baseball stadium in Washington, D.C.

Good,very good shots,for me,of course

Glad that you like them, Radu!

Real Name
    Antonio

Hi Mike,
    well I would say that these pictures are very interesting. I'll try to give you an unusual advice on these...try to give them "the right name" .
    #1. Simmetric entrance. I was struck by the photo for the attention you have given to represent the same metric both on the left and the right.
    #2.Full in a vacuum: the picture has not "free space" although it refers to an empty stadium.

Welcome to CiC, hallorudy!

Coming up with the "right name" isn't my strength, so I appreciate your suggestions. I was actually thinking the first one could be titled, "Overhead." Perhaps "Symmetrical Overhead" would work. I'm still not at all sure about a title for the second one even after considering your nice suggestion.

By the way, do us all a favor, please, and edit your profile to display your approximate location and at least your real first name on the left side of your posts.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Mike - How far apart in time was this and 'Cemetery in black-and-white' shot?

To me they illustrate the same artistic vision although, of course, the subject matter is very different. But, they both demonstrate an interesting way of seeing and one from which many of can learn.
    Last edited by Donald; 23rd February 2013 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks for noticing that, Donald. The two photos were captured a month apart.

Interestingly, the color photo of the empty seats, which are blue, cries out to have someone in a bright red shirt sitting in the rear. For me, the black-and-white version works fine without that element.