Thread: London Chinese New Year

Real Name
    Peter

London Chinese New Year

Went to a very WET and COLD London Chinese New Year, this year using a PENTAX MZ-5 I have been given, loaded with 2005 outdated 'Tudor100' ( actually FUJI) film -- I used the 28-70mm SMC Pentax-FA lens + some fill-in flash for the street photos and for the stage photos in Trafalgar Square my old 'K' Mount Prinzflez 80-200mm f4.5 zoom at full aperture as the light was so poor . I scanned the 6x4" prints with my 'MUSTEK 1200UB flatbed' and used PhotoShop 7 to re-size and crop a little. The TTL flash worked OK and I used some 'Minus' exposure compensation for the stage photos where there was a black background.
    London Chinese New Year
    Chinese 201301 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    London Chinese New Year
    Chinese 201304 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    London Chinese New Year
    Chinese 201306 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    London Chinese New Year
    Chinese 201307 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Real Name
    Graham

Re: London Chinese New Year

I like 1 & 2.
    Really good contrast from the lenses and I really like the red and gold colours. The red does seem rather saturated on the second one. Is that a function of the film or PP from the scanner?

Graham

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by gcowan View Post
    I like 1 & 2.
    Really good contrast from the lenses and I really like the red and gold colours. The red does seem rather saturated on the second one. Is that a function of the film or PP from the scanner?

Graham
    Graham - thanks for viewing -- well, I think it is a function of the FILM as I did not have to increase the 'saturation' in PhotoShop of the print scan. Ones I took last year on Fuji Superia 200 had bright Reds as well and the flash fill-ion accentuates it I think. Of course, the colour RED is 'lucky' to the Chinese.
    Here is one I took LAST YEAR on the Fuji Superia 200 rated at 125 ASA as it was also outdated ...
    London Chinese New Year
    Chinese 05 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Film expiration not showing in 2nd photo. Decent color in the 4th.