Thread: Waterfalls

Real Name
    Harry

Waterfalls

Hi all, a few pics from a weekend shoot - not overly spectacular falls but c &c welcome and appreciated as always

Cheers

1. 1.3,av 8, iso 100
    Waterfalls

2.1/6, av 4,100
    Waterfalls

3.0.8, av 8, iso 100 - I love the colours in the rocks on this one
    Waterfalls

Real Name
    Graham

Re: Waterfalls

Hi Harry,
    Where have you been. There is something about it that reminds me of Engadine falls.
    I like no 1 best. Have you thought of cropping the bottom layer off, so that the crop line runs through the edge of the ledge and the sand on the right is just cropped out. This turns the image into a play between the greens of the ferns and the yellow of the sandstone, with the water operating as a vertical element.

Graham

Real Name
    mat

Very nice set Harry, For me, and this is a personal thing, I go for the 2nd one. I really like the grasses and feel their texture is magnified by there position in front of the water. I am hopeless at advice regarding cropping/PP but I think after looking hard that Graham may be on to something with his suggestion for No.1
    A pleasure to look at, thanks

Real Name
    Keith

They are all three interesting images but for me it has to be #2 with the sharp detail in the foreground and the waterfall as a background out of focus. I like #1 but find the sandstone dominates the image dragging the eye across to the right. That colour on the rocks in #3 is something else, it looks almost as if the rock has been painted with tar, I think I would try to dodge out some of the brightness in the foliage on the right though. That is just my humble opinion though.

Thanks for sharing them

- Keith

Real Name
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by gcowan View Post
    Hi Harry,
    Where have you been. There is something about it that reminds me of Engadine falls.
    I like no 1 best. Have you thought of cropping the bottom layer off, so that the crop line runs through the edge of the ledge and the sand on the right is just cropped out. This turns the image into a play between the greens of the ferns and the yellow of the sandstone, with the water operating as a vertical element.

Thanks Graham, we were up at South Lawson park near Hazelbrook. Will give your crop suggestion a try, sound good,

Cheers

Graham

Real Name
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by moopy goops View Post
    Very nice set Harry, For me, and this is a personal thing, I go for the 2nd one. I really like the grasses and feel their texture is magnified by there position in front of the water. I am hopeless at advice regarding cropping/PP but I think after looking hard that Graham may be on to something with his suggestion for No.1
    A pleasure to look at, thanks

Thanks for taking the time to look and reply Mat, appreciated

Real Name
    Harry

[QUOTE=KCBrecks;289149]They are all three interesting images but for me it has to be #2 with the sharp detail in the foreground and the waterfall as a background out of focus. I like #1 but find the sandstone dominates the image dragging the eye across to the right. That colour on the rocks in #3 is something else, it looks almost as if the rock has been painted with tar, I think I would try to dodge out some of the brightness in the foliage on the right though. That is just my humble opinion though.

Thanks Keith, I was in 2 minds about no,1, I did a cropped version cutting out the sandstone as well (will post tonight) but I still can't decide. Yes the foliage on the top right needs to be fixed, it was getting later in the morning with this one and the sun was starting to play havoc

Appreciate your feedback, Regards