Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The bridge at Painshill park

Real Name
    Steve

The bridge at Painshill park

This bridge is near the entrance in Painshill park, which I had a walk round the other day.
    I'm after any shooting advice/guidance I can get please. My processing is all done on an iPad at the moment so very limited, and therefore I'm not too concerned about that at the present time.
    Thanks in advance
    The bridge at Painshill park
    Last edited by Mutley; 11th February 2013 at 06:37 PM.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: The bridge at Painshill park

It's an amazingly good conversion considering the limitations of using an iPad.

I tend to like drama in this style of photo, so I would make it more dramatic by cropping just to the left of the bridge and just above the treetops on the right side.

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers mike. The cropped image certainly adds drama, I like it better.

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Hello Steve, greetings from Tampa, Florida. Very interesting bridge, particularly the loops created at the far end. The walkway isn't as interesting, have you tried pushing in a bit to emphasize those loops? If you are considering post production software Nix (now owned by Google) Silver Efex Pro does a great job...London's great, look forward to seeing more of your pics.

Update: Looks like Mike and I were posting a few minutes apart, my post may be a little redundant...
    Last edited by PhotoRob; 12th February 2013 at 01:59 AM.

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks for the comments Rob. I don't think that software is available for iPad (I'm computerless presently) I will have a look at it when I get a computer (could be a while). Glad you like London we had a great time last year with the Olympics and the jubilee.
    I did see Tampa many, years ago spent a day there on the beach bit warmer than here.
    Regards Steve

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Thanks for the comments Rob. I don't think that software is available for iPad (I'm computerless presently) I will have a look at it when I get a computer (could be a while). Glad you like London we had a great time last year with the Olympics and the jubilee.
    I did see Tampa many, years ago spent a day there on the beach bit warmer than here.
    Regards Steve
    I can't vouch for it but Nik does have an IPad app that has good feedback (in the app store ):

https://www.niksoftware.com/company/...release2.shtml

Olympics must have been amazing!