Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mute Swans

Real Name
    Joe

Mute Swans

The lakes in Lakeland, Florida have many swans of different species. These Mute Swans are descendants from a pair purchased in 1957 from the swans on the Thames River in England. Queen Elizabeth sold the swans to the city for the price of $300 for catching, crating, and shipping. C&C welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Mute Swans

Mute Swans

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Mute Swans

Cool shots. Thanks for the history.

Swans are about all that I have been getting recently without having to wade into snow filled fields or getting blown away by the wind. There is one benefit of overcast/heavy skies that I did not previously realise - whites are so much easier to handle.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Cool shots. Thanks for the history.

Swans are about all that I have been getting recently without having to wade into snow filled fields or getting blown away by the wind. There is one benefit of overcast/heavy skies that I did not previously realise - whites are so much easier to handle.
    Thanks Bobo, yes overcast skies do make whites easier... no highlights to deal with. But the opposite side is that the images are normally flat lacking shadows and contrast.

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Hi Joe. Very nice shots. I specially like the exposure, it looks pretty well controled. Thanks for sharing!