Thread: Little girl watching the world go by...

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Little girl watching the world go by...

Taken on the 1st floor walkway looking out on the main street in St. Augustine. Lots of deep colors in the older buildings, really like taking pics. up there...

35MM, f/2.5, 1/400

Real Name
    John

Re: Little girl watching the world go by...

Very nice, could have gone either way with what was in focus, the world or the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very nice, could have gone either way with what was in focus, the world or the child.
    Yes, but I think I prefer this version as it gives more apparent depth to the scene by having the distant background out of focus.

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Thanks John!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Just a thought. What if you crop it to exclude the two vertical pillars at either edge?

With them there they do give a good sense of the location and envelope the child in the setting. However, I'm wondering if more attention (free from the distraction of the pillars) is placed on the child if she is the only dominant vertical object in the frame?

It's maybe another way of seeing the image but may, of course, not reflect the image that Robert had in mind at the time of capturing the photograph.

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Just a thought. What if you crop it to exclude the two vertical pillars at either edge?

With them there they do give a good sense of the location and envelope the child in the setting. However, I'm wondering if more attention (free from the distraction of the pillars) is placed on the child if she is the only dominant vertical object in the frame?

It's maybe another way of seeing the image but may, of course, not reflect the image that Robert had in mind at the time of capturing the photograph.
    Wow, sorry for missing this reply Donald - here's an attempt at a tighter crop; I tried just removing the pillars but to me the balance was off. I don't think her top third is sharp enough to pull in this close, but here goes...