Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dogs!

Real Name
    Michael

Dogs!

Hey all, just wanting some praise/dislike/pointers of what ever you want to say about my photos

they were taken at the weekend when my auntie came over (as they are her dogs) as you can tell one isnt camera shy but the other one was a pain to photo

Dogs!

Dogs!

Dogs!

this last one is by far my most fav!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelprg View Post
    this last one is by far my most fav!
    I'd definitely agree with that.

I assume the idea of throwing the dog out-of-focus in the first one was deliberate. But I'm not sure that it works because there is too much other out-of-focus distractions in the background. It would have needed a much plainer background, I think.

In the second one, I think we would have needed to be much closer in to the dog for the image to have had impact. If you cropped this so that you moved it in much tighter around the dog, i think you'd have a better image.

I think that the creative angle makes the the third one. If it has just been a straight on shot, again the background would have been too distracting. As it is, the background is made into an almost abstract set of patterns in front of which we have this lovely inquisitive dog.

Hope these few thoughts help your own analysis of each image.

Real Name
    Michael

Re: Dogs!

Thank you for your kind words the out of focus was intended, but I do agree with you. maybe the picture is a little too busy and not much well focus haha.

I did actually take a straight on view of the third one before i shot that one, and yeah the angle does have emphasis on the dog being nosey :P