Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Airplanes

Real Name
    colin

Airplanes

I by chance discovered a small aero club not too far from home. Never having previously photographed aeroplanes I was a bit unprepared and feeling a little uncomfortable in this for me, new environment. As a result the shots were pretty ordinary. I will go back again hopefully armed with some good advice from you knowledgeable people. This single shot is typical of what I got.
    Thank's in anticipation.

ColinAirplanes

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Airplanes

Colin - What a brilliant opportunity. I'm quite sure that the folks at the club would be equally enthusiastic about having a committed photographer along. If you explain that you're just learning and that they shouldn't expect anything from you to start with, but that you'd be happy to share images once you feel you've got something to show, then I'm sure they'll help you get good access.

There's a useful thread here on the subject of shutter speeds for propellers. If you also type 'aircraft' into the search window up at the top right of the page, you'll get a few threads that might offer some useful advice.

Real Name
    colin

Re: Airplanes

Thank you Donald for good advice on approaching the flying club, and also the links you supplied.
    I all of a sudden feel enthusiastic about this branch of photography. Wonder where it will lead!!
    Colin