Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Inspiring Architecture

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Inspiring Architecture

This is a church on the Princeton University campus. Any suggestions for improvement or how you would have processed this image would be greatly appreciated.

Inspiring Architecture

Real Name
    Didace

Re: Inspiring Architecture

I like this image. Did you crop any off the top? I'd like to see more but if that's all you have there's nothing to be done about it.

I think I might try to adjust the perspective so it looks more straight on instead of looking up.

The artist is a wonderful touch but I think you should try to clone out whatever it is beside her (coat? bag?).

Real Name
    John

Nice image. There is so much you could do with this image such as further cropping of the sides which would make it appear taller.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Didace View Post
    I like this image. Did you crop any off the top? I'd like to see more but if that's all you have there's nothing to be done about it.

I think I might try to adjust the perspective so it looks more straight on instead of looking up.

The artist is a wonderful touch but I think you should try to clone out whatever it is beside her (coat? bag?).
    Thanks, Didace. No more pixels remaining. I could only get what I had in the frame.Good idea to clone out the bag or coat.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nice image. There is so much you could do with this image such as further cropping of the sides which would make it appear taller.
    Thanks, John. I'll play with that tomorrow when I have time.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Curtis View Post
    Thanks, Didace. No more pixels remaining. I could only get what I had in the frame.Good idea to clone out the bag or coat.

There is always the option of a pano (next time). Shoot the action shots first and then fill in the stills. (don't forget to set the focus manually) Would have been nice to see the full building with the trees on either side.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Very nice image Ken. I like the pastel colours and the lady painter adds a lot to the image. It would be tempting to try and correct the vertical perspective but I think you will lose too much of that lovely detail at the top of the image which is an integral part of the main body of the church. The missing spire probably doesn't matter so much.

Dave