Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Corfe Castle

Real Name
    Darren

Corfe Castle

Hello everyone.

I had the opportunity to spend some time in the New Forest this weekend and took a trip out to Corfe Castle a fascinating ruin of a medieval castle. I took some photos many of which were little morethan snap shots but once I had them in lightroom I was quite pleased with a few of them.
    I would apprecaite any comments, questions and/or critique.

Many thanks

Darren

[IMG]Corfe Castle[/IMG]

[IMG]Corfe Castle[/IMG]

[IMG]Corfe Castle[/IMG]

Real Name
    Sergio

Re: Corfe Castle

Pleased you should be. I like how you framed the castle ruins in 1 and 3. I can just imagine someone's head and hands in the stocks and everyone gawking at them as they walk by in #2.

Looks like a great place to visit and explore.

Real Name
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by unmerited View Post
    Pleased you should be. I like how you framed the castle ruins in 1 and 3. I can just imagine someone's head and hands in the stocks and everyone gawking at them as they walk by in #2.

Looks like a great place to visit and explore.

Hi Sergio, thanks for your comments. It was certainly an interesting place, some of the history was pretty gruesome, tales of peasants being dropped into the dungeons where there was no light, no food & water and no chance of escape.

I think, Darren, that for the first one to work well you need to take two shots with different focus points then combine them so everything is sharp. Best with a tripod; although you could probably get away with hand held shots in this particular case.

Alternatively, I would have preferred seeing the foreground sharp, but photographed from slightly further away and the castle looking out of focus, as if in the distance.

The others work fine.

Real Name
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I think, Darren, that for the first one to work well you need to take two shots with different focus points then combine them so everything is sharp. Best with a tripod; although you could probably get away with hand held shots in this particular case.

Alternatively, I would have preferred seeing the foreground sharp, but photographed from slightly further away and the castle looking out of focus, as if in the distance.

The others work fine.
    Hi Geoff, thank you for your comments

Real Name
    Gary

The first one is my personal favourite, great shot Darren.

Real Name
    John

All very nice. I like the first image best. Only critique would be to add more of the framing at top on the third image, or perhaps shoot the frame out of focus.

Real Name
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by GVincent View Post
    The first one is my personal favourite, great shot Darren.
    Thanks Gary. My favourite too.

Real Name
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    All very nice. I like the first image best. Only critique would be to add more of the framing at top on the third image, or perhaps shoot the frame out of focus.
    Hi John thanks for your comments. I agree about more of the stock as a frame would be better. As soon as i got the image into lightroom I regretted having not moved back slightly. I also lost a bit more when I straightened the image.

Real Name
    Keith

I like number 3 Darren. I would be inclined to crop it a bit tighter down each side and bottom, removing the bits of furniture in the foreground then clone out the bit of roof on the right. It would leave a nice clean opening framing a well composed shot of the castle. Just my few pennorth.

- Keith

Real Name
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by KCBrecks View Post
    I like number 3 Darren. I would be inclined to crop it a bit tighter down each side and bottom, removing the bits of furniture in the foreground then clone out the bit of roof on the right. It would leave a nice clean opening framing a well composed shot of the castle. Just my few pennorth.

- Keith
    Hi Keith

Thank you for your comments I think you have made some very valid and constructive comments. I shall give them a go.

Darren