Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Adjusting Contrast in LR

Adjusting Contrast in LR

I subscribe to Tim Grey's daily e-mail blog (no charge, just sign up), and frequently save some of them.

Today's post is about Contrast Adjustment (there are various slider that affect contrast):

https://www.box.com/s/nctug50g5al9du5u532v

Glenn

Real Name
    Shane

Re: Adjusting Contrast in LR

Glenn, this is an interesting article, thanks for sharing the information. I am currently reading The Digital Negtive by Jeff Schewe and he is going over the various panels in Lightroom and Camera Raw detailing thier uses, limitations and redundancies. I am looking forward to the latter part of the book where he puts all this information in action and provides more information on practical workflow.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneS View Post
    Glenn, this is an interesting article, thanks for sharing the information. I am currently reading The Digital Negtive by Jeff Schewe and he is going over the various panels in Lightroom and Camera Raw detailing thier uses, limitations and redundancies. I am looking forward to the latter part of the book where he puts all this information in action and provides more information on practical workflow.
    Shane:

I would think that Schewe's book would be very helpful and interesting.

He frequently responds to LR questions/complaints on the Luminous Landscape forum.

Glenn

Real Name
    Dan

Glenn,

Thanks for posting this. I subscribe and read it this morning but had not thought to post it. I found it very interesting that he relies primarily on the shadows and highlights tools and uses the curve only as a last resort. Certainly not what I have been doing. I'm going to play around with his approach to see how it works.

Dan

Dan:

Yes, I thought his approach was interesting - I think I'll try it too.

Glenn