Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Night macro

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Night macro

This large spider move very quickly, they are hairy with long legs. Due to their size and speed, they do manage to intimidate a lot of people. An Australian comedian mention his fear of spiders, he mentioned that he knows the Huntsman spiders are not dangerous, but how could we not be scared of them when they have been given the name Hunts... Man....!. However, these spiders are harmless. The spiders can measure up to 15 cms wide from leg to leg. They have a flat body, which is useful for them to crawl underneath bark and other such hiding places.

They can bite you, and if they do, it will be painful and swelling may occur. A cold pack may relieve the symptoms, but if pain persists please see a doctor.

They feed on insects and other such invertebrates.

The female huntsman lays up to 200 eggs and guards these eggs, without leaving them or eating for around three weeks.

Night macro
    Hunstsman Spider

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Night macro

Nice capture, Walad. That is on creepy spider. Not one I would like to find in my shoe.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Walj View Post
    This large spider move very quickly, they are hairy with long legs. Due to their size and speed, they do manage to intimidate a lot of people. An Australian comedian mention his fear of spiders, he mentioned that he knows the Huntsman spiders are not dangerous, but how could we not be scared of them when they have been given the name Hunts... Man....!. However, these spiders are harmless. The spiders can measure up to 15 cms wide from leg to leg. They have a flat body, which is useful for them to crawl underneath bark and other such hiding places.

They can bite you, and if they do, it will be painful and swelling may occur. A cold pack may relieve the symptoms, but if pain persists please see a doctor.

They feed on insects and other such invertebrates.

The female huntsman lays up to 200 eggs and guards these eggs, without leaving them or eating for around three weeks.
    Hunstsman Spider
    Having been bitten by one I would never call them harmless.

The one I was so brutally attacked by was a more sombre tan and brown colour than your scary orange monster. Good picture but don't expect me to love it.
    Last edited by pnodrog; 27th January 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Real Name
    Matthew

A very nice image. I don't love spiders, but it's an interesting and colorful species. It would be nice if the spider were smaller in the frame so there was more space in front of it.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by flyingSquirrel View Post
    A very nice image. I don't love spiders, but it's an interesting and colorful species. It would be nice if the spider were smaller in the frame so there was more space in front of it.
    Hi Matt,
    Thanks for viewing. I wish the spider is smaller in the frame too unfortunately it was original from the camera. I'll do that next time. Again thanks for the tips.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Hi Walad. Amazingly clear image. Nicely done.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Curtis View Post
    Hi Walad. Amazingly clear image. Nicely done.
    Thanks Ken. Paul and L.Paul too..